7.31.2009

Christmas in July, anyone?

{This baby shower actually was in December a couple of years ago and I just wanted to revisit it because I've got Christmas on my mind. I know, it's 100 degrees today and my boys are covered in popsicles, but what can I say? I love Christmas!}
I was struggling with hosting a shower at my house during the holidays because it was too close to Christmas to NOT have my tree and decorations up {it's a tradition around here to decorate the day after Thanksgiving}.  But I really didn't want it to be remembered as a "Christmas" theme baby shower.  So I decided that I would keep my decorations up, but minimize them a bit and rather than hide our Christmas tree, I incorporated my Christmas tree into the shower by hanging the party favors from the tree!
I put away all of our wrapped presents {I do not wait to wrap it all on one night like so many people do, but rather wrap the gifts as I buy them so that they look gorgeous under the tree all December}.  Instead I placed the prizes for winning the baby shower games under the tree.  
The theme of the shower was "A Baby is Brewing" and it was perfect for a baby shower in the winter! It was a cold, rainy day and we enjoyed hot coffee, tea, and hot chocolate inside my toasty home. These little cups were filled with chocolate covered espresso beans and were the place holders at the dining room table. One of the games we played was "Baby Memory" where the guests had to match words and then won a candy bar that corresponded to the word they matched {i.e. if you found two cards with the word "contractions" you won a package of Whoopers}. It was a great game for our small group of ten friends. We enjoyed petit fours with the letter P on them {because the soon-to-arrive baby boy's name was Parker!} and this amazing cake from this bakery. I truly enjoyed hosting this baby shower for my sweet friend, Michelle. Thanks for taking a little trip down memory lane with me. Now... who is ready for some early Christmas shopping?!

No comments:

Post a Comment